[R] Wrong Q3 + Mean.

Retep32 retepdeluxe at web.de
Wed May 16 09:22:09 CEST 2012

Hi.

 [1] 13 13 14 14 15 15 16 20 21 26
> summary(a)
   Min. 1st Qu.  Median    Mean 3rd Qu.    Max.
   13.0    14.0    15.0    16.7    19.0    26.0
> mean(a)
[1] 16.7
> quantile(a)
  0%  25%  50%  75% 100%
  13   14   15   19   26

Clearly, this is not right. My Instructor and I have no idea why the program
does that. I removed the program from the computer , installed it again and
it still shows the mistake.  It is also strange, that I chose "english" as
installlanguage, but the program is in german (my OS is in german).

Pls help, because otherwise i cannot solve any problems with R.

Using Win7 and R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30).

Retep