[R] trouble with multi statement queries

tensegrity mmoon at tensegritycapital.com
Thu May 17 09:12:25 CEST 2012

Using both RMySQL or RODBC packages  I can connect to a mySQL database and
return results from simple queries.  However, I cannot return anything from
queries even with just two lines, each ending with semicolons.  Using
RMySQL, the latter yields a message about an error in mysqlFetch, RS-DBI
driver, corrupt resultSet, missing fieldDescription.  Using RMySQL I have
set the client.flag=CLIENT_MULTI_STATEMENTS but to no avail.  I am running
Debian Squeeze.  Please help....