[R] A few questions regarding genmatch()

W.R.Johnston wrj368 at mail.harvard.edu
Fri May 18 20:54:14 CEST 2012

I am looking into using the Matching package for some multi-level analysis
with multiply imputed datasets, and so far I have been unable to get a
handle on how to appropriately deal with these issues when using genmatch()
in the Matching library.  Here are my basic questions:

-Is the 'weights' option in genmatch the appropriate place for incorporating
sample weights?
-Is there a way to work with multiply imputed data sets other than manually
running the analysis on each dataset and then averaging the results?
-I am working with multi-level data that has respondents nested within
neighborhoods.  How would you suggest I account for this clustering in
genmatch?

Thanks!

WRJ