[R] Need help for R install

Dominik Bruhn dominik at dbruhn.de
Mon May 21 22:23:01 CEST 2012

Hy,
I don't think there is a committee here but I'll try to help you
nevertheless:

If you don't have root permissions you can still install R in several ways:
1. Build it by yourself. If you have a compiler installed, you can build
R from source. See [1] for a manual.

2. Install a virtual machine where you can install your own Linux and
have root rights. You can use Virtual Box for this.

I hope this helps!
Dominik

[1]: http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Simple-compilation