[R] ¨Time series and variables with different lengths

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:16:54 CEST 2012

i) Yes, R does factors "smartly" so don't worry about that.

ii) Well, you'll need to toss off one observation of the variable you
don't difference -- the choice on which end you want to do this should
probably reflect how the time is encoded: (i.e., if you have data for
May 22, does that reflect what's known at the beginning of the day on
May 22 or at the end of the data) but it's really a problem specific
question.

Best,

Michael