[R] ReName

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 02:00:29 CEST 2012

On 12-05-22 4:08 AM, HAOLONG HOU wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> The name of R-language is too short and is not friendly to search engines.
> Do you think it can be renamed to something like "Rsio" or "Radio" ?
> Thank you so much for this useful software!

You use gmail, so I assume you're familiar with Google.  It knows what R
means.  For me, the top 5 hits when searching for "R" have to do with
the R project.  (You may not get such good results; Google adapts its
results to what it knows about you.)

How far down the list do *you* need to look before you find something
relevant?

Duncan Murdoch