[R] set tkscale by tkentry

Alexander juschitz_alexander at yahoo.de
Thu May 24 10:20:31 CEST 2012

Hi, I am working under Windows and I am using R2.11
I want to use tkscale in my GUI. As the interval is quite big, I can't set
the scale to a certain specific value. Therefore I want to add tkentry to
allow the user to set tkscale to a certain value.

Here is the code

library(tcltk)

tt<-tktoplevel()
tkpack(m1<-tkscale(tt,from=306870.00, to=3026741, label="alpha",
variable="varalpha",showvalue=TRUE, resolution=1,
orient="horiz"),side="bottom")
tkpack(tkentry(tt,width="10",textvariable="varalpha",validate="key",validatecommand="string
is double %P"),side="bottom")

As you can see, varalpha is a global variable (I think in tcl, not in R),
and if you change the parameter by the scale, the value in tkentry is
updated. If I want to set now the value of varalpha by tkentry, it bugs.
Does anyone have an idea, why? I already tried the interval from 0 to any
number, which works fine...

library(tcltk)

tt<-tktoplevel()
tkpack(m1<-tkscale(tt,from=0.00, to=1000, label="alpha",
variable="varalpha",showvalue=TRUE, resolution=1,
orient="horiz"),side="bottom")
tkpack(tkentry(tt,width="10",textvariable="varalpha",validate="key",validatecommand="string
is double %P"),side="bottom")

Thanks in advance,
Alexander