[R] Values in scatterplot??

Jhope jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Sat May 26 08:17:37 CEST 2012

Hi R-listers,

I am having trouble plotting the values for the R2 line, lowess smooth,
smothered conditional spread, outlier identification.
I have tried the function text and legend but was unsuccessful. Please see
below.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jean

library(car)
> SPHSHTL <- scatterplot(HSuccess ~ HTL,
+                        data = data.to.analyze,
+                        xlab = "Distance to high tide line (metres)",
+                        ylab = "Hatching success (%)")

> legend("topright", bty="n", legend=paste("R2 is",
+
format(summary(SPHSHTL)$adj.r.squared, digits=4)))
Error in summary(SPHSHTL)$adj.r.squared :
  $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

>text(SPHSHTL)
Error in text.default(SPHSHTL) : zero length 'labels'