[R] Customized R Regression Output?

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Sun May 27 15:43:23 CEST 2012

Hello,

> Do I really have to type in each single regression for each data set and
> copy the output into a table manually?

No, using paste/as.formula you can do it in a loop. Example:

x1 <- 1:100
x2 <- log(x1^2)

y1 <- x1 + x2 + rnorm(100)
y2 <- x1*runif(100, 0.5, 1.0) + x2 + rnorm(100)

predictors <- c("x1", "x2")

fmla <- paste(responses, paste(predictors, collapse="+"), sep="~")

model <- vector("list", length(fmla))
for(i in seq_along(fmla))
	model[[i]] <- lm(as.formula(fmla[i]))

summary(model[[1]])

As for making a table of results, something like

estimate <- coef(summary(model[[2]]))[, 1]
p.value <- coef(summary(model[[2]]))[, 4]
cbind(estimate, p.value)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Chris87 wrote