[R] linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun May 27 17:14:40 CEST 2012

On Sun, 27 May 2012, ya wrote:

> you may need to compile the source code yourself. Then you also need the
> F77 compiler. It seems most of the linux distro do not have this compiler.
> You need to find it online yourself. I never succeed in doing this. I
> would like to know how you proceed this compilation. I also want to
> install R on my tiny core linux. Good luck:)

   gfortran should be part of the gcc suite of compilers. On my Slackware
systems it's found as /usr/bin/gfortran.

   R, GRASS, and other applications incorporating FORTRAN code build with no
issues.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   Integrity - Credibility - Innovation
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |    Helping Ensure Our Clients' Futures