[R] Arima model, breusch godfrey/breusch pagan test

and_mue and_mueller at bluewin.ch
Mon May 28 18:59:02 CEST 2012

Hi all

I did an estimation of a simple regression model (ror_xxx~ror_spi_xxx) and
assessed the quality of this estimation. After having detected that there
are indications of autocorrelatio and an AR(1) process, I used an arima
model:

absi.arima=arima(ror_absi, order=c(1,0,0), xreg=ror_spi_absi)
Output:
> absi.arima

Call:
arima(x = ror_absi, order = c(1, 0, 0), xreg = ror_spi_absi)

Coefficients:
          ar1  intercept  ror_spi_absi
      -0.5377     -1e-04       -0.0060
s.e.   0.0752      3e-04        0.0215

sigma^2 estimated as 1.579e-05:  log likelihood = 513.49,  aic = -1018.97

This eliminated the arch effect in my model, but I  want to check weather
there is still any autocorrelation in my model (with breusch godfrey test,
bgtest). My question is now on how to implement this in the bgtest function.
As there has to be typed in the exact equation of the model or a fitted lm
model, I do not have any idea on what to do now.... Is there a simple
solution for my problem? Same question would be when using the breusch pagan
test.

Any suggestions are higly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Andi