[R] setting parameters equal in lm

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue May 29 05:37:13 CEST 2012

I don't know how it ties into the tools car gives you, but one (quick
and dirty) way to do this is to simply regress on

Y ~ aX2 + b(X1+X3)

or in R code something like:

lm(Y ~ X2 + I(X1+X3), data = data.set)

which gives a linear model you can play around with. Note the I()
function [that's the capital letter immediately preceding J] which
tells R to interpret that term "AsIs"

Hope this helps,
Michael