[R] Release plans: R-2.15.1 on June 22

Peter Dalgaard pd.mes at cbs.dk
Tue May 29 13:40:44 CEST 2012

Just a note, mainly to people who maintain larger R installations, that we intend to have a patch release version on June 22. The nickname will be "Roasted Marshmallows".

This is somewhat later than previous .1 releases, but we are also now aiming for an annual rather than biannual release scheme.  There have been very few issues with 2.15.0, but some people may be waiting superstitiously for a .1 release (or expecting one come along any day now) and need to be informed about the plans.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com