[R] Help needed for this error

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Wed May 30 15:48:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Dinesh Vakamudi
<dinesh.vakamudi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> results <- mra(x$w1mcp, filter = "d4", n.levels = 3, boundary =
> "periodic", method = "dwt")
>> write.csv(results, "c:/mydata.csv")

I have no idea what mra() is - from what package did it come? I see
there's a package named mra, but it doesn't seem to have a function
named mra().

Something to do with wavelets, it seems, but which of the many wavelet packages?

> Error in as.data.frame.default(x[[i]], optional = TRUE) :
>  cannot coerce class 'structure("mra", package = "wavelets")' into a
> data.frame
>
> I am not able to access data stored in results.

Sure you can. Just type results at an R prompt. You can access just
about anything. What you can't do is save a list of unknown structure
to a csv file.

What are you trying to do with your results? Save them to view later?
Look at a particular portion of the results in other software? There
are ways to accomplish all these tasks, but you need to provide more
information than an unknown function and an impossible conversion.

Sarah
--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org