[R] Using RDF/OWL with R?

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:40:33 CEST 2012

     Hello,

  Is there a convenient way to import RDF/OWL data into R?

  I'm interested in importing BioPAX/SBPAX data into R to make them
available for a wider audience. One exciting application would be to
use pathway data to explain differential microarray measurements by
identifying upstream nodes that are likely involved in causing the
differences. This could also be used to validate pathways or to
estimate concentrations or kinetic parameters.

  If no convenient method to import RDF/OWL exists, I would be happy
to take the lead in creating a light-weight R package based on rjava
and OpenRDF Sesame Rio that could query RDF/OWL data and turn the
results into data frames.

  Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver