[R] community finding in a graph and heatplot

Aziz, Muhammad Fayez aziz4 at illinois.edu
Thu May 31 18:08:07 CEST 2012

Thank you so much Gabor for your reply. I had spotted your post earlier and it worked like a charm. Interestingly I have just ran into a trouble with the stament dend <- igraph:::as.dendrogram.igraph.walktrap(fc). Apparently the members are empty as when I print(dend) it says 'dendrogram' with 2 branches and  members total, at height 93" while the error with using dend with dendrapply remians to be

Error in `[[.dendrogram`(X, 2L) : attempt to set an attribute on NULL

Any ideas?

My code looks like this

		File2Open = paste(FilePath, "NetworkFiles\\net\\", NetPrefix, " ", TPPostfix, ".net", sep = "")
		g <- read.graph(File2Open, format="pajek")

		g <- delete.isolates(g)
		g <- simplify(g)

		fgc <- fastgreedy.community(g, modularity=TRUE, weights = E(g)$weight)
		ModularityIndexfgc <- max(fgc$modularity) # fgc modularity
		ModularityIndexng <- modularity(g, membership, weights = E(g)$weight) # newman-girvan modularity
		dend <- igraph:::as.dendrogram.igraph.walktrap(fgc)

		png(filename = paste(FilePath, "Analysis\\Graphs\\EColiStressModuleHeatMap", NetPrefixAbbr, TPPostfix, ".png", sep = ""), width = 800, height = 800) # heat map is square

		adjMatrix = get.adjacency(g, attr="weight")
		DendNodeCounter <- 0 # counter for ColorGroupsOrdered
		ColorGroupsOrdered <- rep("red", vcount(g))
		dendrapply(dend, colLab) # modifies ColorGroupsOrdered