[R] Changing Date Variables as Continuous Variables

hoguejm hoguejm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:09:28 CET 2012

I am very new to R, so I apologize if this question is trivial.

I have a row in my data of dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy; about 3500 rows.

I am using this variable in a logistic regression model, and need to treat
it as continuous, not a factor as r has decided it is.

I tried the as.numeric function but it resulted in all NA's and the message:
"NAs introduced by coercion "

If anyone knows a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
Jake