[R] Hypothesis "RayosRayos.2 = (Intercept)" is not well formed: contains bad coefficient/variable names.

Jean Jang jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:51:50 CET 2012

Hi R-listers,

I am trying to do this function amongst others for a Chi-sq test in

 > require(multcomp)

for some reason it is not working but all of the other functions have
work. What does this error mean and how do I fix it?

Jean

 > linearHypothesis(model.rayos.C, "RayosRayos.2 = (Intercept)")
Error in constants(lhs, cnames_symb) :
   The hypothesis "RayosRayos.2 = (Intercept)" is not well formed:
contains bad coefficient/variable names.
In addition: Warning message:
In constants(lhs, cnames_symb) : NAs introduced by coercion