[R] Simple Likert count data visualization

Werner W. pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 9 10:18:45 CET 2012

Hello,

Before I start to construct something inferior myself I would like to know if such a plot function is already out there.

I have count data of a small survey with a few questions which use a scale from "Strongly disagree" to "Strongly agree" and similar things. What I would like to have for a slide is a plot which shows for each question a line over this scale and the put a few markers on for the mode and mean or so. A graph which I think should also be accessible to almost everybody. Does such a plot function exist? If not, is there something similar which I could abuse for this purpose?

Many thanks for considering my query.
Werner