[R] Adding Spatial Correlation Strucutre to Logistic Regression / Contingency Analysis

tfarkas bop11tef at shef.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 11:36:17 CET 2012

>From what I can tell by reading forum posts etc., this is not a trivial
issue. An answer in 2008 indicated some directions, but I'm curious whether
any developments have been made since then.

In my data set I have 182 observations with a binomial response, a 2-level
explanatory factor, and x and y coordinates. By visually inspecting the
spatial distribution of standardized residual error and multi-directional
variograms I must conclude that adding spatial correlation structure to my
logistic regression model (currently implemented using glm) would be
prudent.

Can anyone please offer advice as to how I should go about incorporating
this spatial auto-correlation to my model?

Is it perhaps easier in my case, given that I have only a single 2-level
factor as an explanatory variable? If so, I'm actually interested in how to
do this for logistic regression (with continuous variables) too, so a method
toward this end would be interesting as well.