[R] characters, mathematical expressions and computed values

mee1d3hs mario.segal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:20:50 CET 2012

The code

hist(new, main=bquote("Heart Attack (" * bar(X)==.(round(mean(new),1)) *
")"))

does not work on 2.15.2 on OSX. the histogram is generated, but the title
does show at all, which kind of tells me the bquote expression is failing

I would appreciate any help in making this work, it seems it should be easy,
but somehow it is not. I tried using substitute, and many other ways with no
help