[R] bbmle "Warning: optimization did not converge"

arun4 arun.ganesh2012 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 14:52:28 CET 2012

I am using the Ben bolker's R package "bbmle" to estimate the parameters of a
binomial mixture distribution via Maximum Likelihood Method. For some data
sets, I got the following warning messages:
*Warning: optimization did not converge (code 1: )
There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)*
Also, warnings() results the following:
*In 0:(n - x) : numerical expression has 8 elements: only the first used
47: In beta(a, b) : NaNs produced*

I would like to know whether this is a serious issue? if so.. how can I
avoid it?

thank you.