[R] cluster analysis error - mclust package

KitKat katherinewright at trentu.ca
Mon Nov 26 15:46:47 CET 2012

I am following instructions online for cluster analysis using the mclust
package, and keep getting errors.
http://www.statmethods.net/advstats/cluster.html

These are the instructions (there is no sample dataset unfortunately):
# Model Based Clustering
library(mclust)
fit <- Mclust(mydata)
plot(fit, mydata) # plot results
print(fit) # display the best model

This is what I did and the error I get:
> library(mclust)
> fit <- Mclust(mydat)
> plot(fit, mydat) #plot results
Error in match.arg(what, c("BIC", "classification", "uncertainty",
"density"),  :
  'arg' must be NULL or a character vector

My data is arranged so I have each row representing one individual with 9
values for morphological data. I want to see if they will group into 2
clusters, representing gender.

I have tried using the instructions from the cran-r website, but they didn't
work either

Any help would be great, thank you