[R] wrong data interpretation in R

EcoFranc robrit at gmx.de
Mon Nov 26 16:59:36 CET 2012

Hi,

maybe somebody would be kind enough to help a bloody and unprofessional
beginner like me (and I hope I did not overlook the answer to my question on
the website). I've imported a csv data frame into R, but I can't run a
regression because R interprets 4 out of 5 variables as factors (rather than
numeric vectors). I tried the as.numeric() command, but R says it is invalid
to change the storage mode of a factor. Is there any way to change the mode
of a factor into numeric.

I am very grateful for help. Thank you very much, Robert.