[R] Problem in Starting R Server - object of type 'closure' is not subsettable

Manoj G manoj.g at isim.net.in
Tue Nov 27 07:33:37 CET 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to start R Server to run some Java Script in my local machine
using the library, 'Rook'. I use Windows 7.

And my codes are following,

> library(Rook)

> myD3dir <- 'D:\\STUDIES\\Java script\\d3-master'
> s <- Rhttpd$new
> s$start(quiet=TRUE)

and i get the following error for the above line,

Error in s$start : object of type 'closure' is not subsettable

I have no idea what this error is. I am a starter in R. Please help to solve
this issue.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Manoj G