[R] Label axis with strings instead of numbers

seanlilley sean.lilley at rittmanmead.com
Thu Nov 29 13:20:33 CET 2012

I have created a bubble plot in R using the following formula:

symbols(Data$Day.Number,Data$Team,circles=Data$Total.amount, inches=0.5,
fg="white",bg="red",xlab="Day Number",ylab="Team")

The data set is called Data, and I have the columns Day.Number, Team and
Total.amount.

The data is plotting fine, but where my y axis should have the names of each
team, it instead labels 1,2,3,4,,,,

How do I edit this to label the axis with the names of the teams instead?

Thanks
Sean