[R] r-help or r-devel ?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Nov 5 18:43:43 CET 2012

On Nov 5, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Christophe Genolini <cgenolin at u-paris10.fr> wrote:

> Hi the list,
>
> I have some basic questions about "writing a package". On which list shall I post them?
> Theoretically, I am supposed to post them on r-devel, but all the questions on this list are very
> advance questions, not basic ones... So I don't know what to do.
>
> Christophe

In general, queries pertaining to creating R packages should go to R-Devel, especially if it involves the use of C/C++/FORTRAN.

That being said, if your queries are "basic", please be sure to read through Writing R Extensions:

  http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.pdf

and consider searching the list archives via:

  http://www.rseek.org

as there is a reasonable chance that your query has already been posted and answered in the past.

If you have already done those things, then post to R-Devel, but please do subscribe first: