[R] R: net reclassification index after Cox survival analysis

petretta at unina.it petretta at unina.it
Wed Nov 7 18:59:34 CET 2012

Thanks to David Winsemius for the replay. i use the latest update of
Hmisc package and I try as reported in the example:

set.seed(1)
library(survival)
x1 <- rnorm(400)
x2 <- x1 + rnorm(400)
d.time <- rexp(400) + (x1 - min(x1))
cens <- runif(400,.5,2)
death <- d.time <= cens
d.time <- pmin(d.time, cens)
rcorrp.cens(x1, x2, Surv(d.time, death))

but to me it appears that NRI and IDi are not reported in the results:

Dxy               S.D. x1 more concordant x2 more concordant
      -8.212107e-02       1.370738e-01       4.589395e-01       5.410605e-01
                  n            missing         uncensored     Relevant Pairs
       4.000000e+02       0.000000e+00       1.100000e+01       4.262000e+03
          Uncertain               C X1               C X2             Dxy X1
       1.553380e+05       9.920225e-01       9.258564e-01       9.840450e-01
             Dxy X2
       8.517128e-01

but only after:

#rcorrp.cens(x1, x2, y) ## no censoring
set.seed(1)
x1 <- runif(1000)
x2 <- runif(1000)
y <- sample(0:1, 1000, TRUE)
rcorrp.cens(x1, x2, y)
improveProb(x1, x2, y)

thus censoring not allowed. Or I'm in error?

Many thanks