[R] A warning message in glht

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Thu Nov 8 10:33:06 CET 2012

Dear Yulia,

When you have an interaction between a continuous and a categorical variable, then the multiple comparison on the categorical variabel makes only sense conditional that the continuous variable is zero. Hence the warning.

Best regards,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey