[R] lm function - na.action

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:51:53 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM, tesssa <tesaRants at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do you lm throw away excess data points.  I am following the
> documentation with no success

Why would you want to throw away this data? I think that's generally
considered sub-optimal model-fitting technique, thought it might
explain your difficulties with the documentation.

Linkfest: (With a new one added to my usual rota!)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example
http://sscce.org/

www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried/

http://r-manuals.flakery.org/R-intro.html

Finally, I note you're posting from Nabble. Please include context in
your reply -- I don't believe Nabble does this automatically, so
you'll need to manually include it. Most of the regular respondents on
this list don't use Nabble -- it is a _mailing list_ after all -- so
we don't get the forum view you do, only emails of the individual
posts. Combine that with the high volume of posts, and it's quite
difficult to trace a discussion if we all don't make sure to include
context.

RMW