[R] R Premanently Occupy Server Memory

Mon Nov 12 06:07:03 CET 2012

R uses memory. That may lead to large virtual memory allocation, with a consequently large paging file. Managing paging files is an operating-system-specific system administration skill, not an R issue.

Depending on the algorithms you are using in R, you may be able to pick more memory efficient methods, but preventing any runaway process from bringing the server to its knees is sysadmin work.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing