[R] Matrix package will not loead

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:38:00 CET 2012

On 12-11-13 7:06 AM, Uzuner, Tolga I wrote:
> Dear Fellow R Users,
>
> I am having a problem with the Matrix package, in Windows XP on  R 2.15.1 .
>
> This is the only package where I experience this. I remove the package first, re install, and then when trying to load, get a LoadLibrary failure as below.

I've just installed a binary copy of Matrix 1.0-10 in R 2.15.2 patched,
and I get an error too on attaching it:  "The procedure entry point
Rf_copyListMatrix could not be located in the dynamic link library
R.dll."  I'm pretty sure that procedure is available in R.dll currently,
so I don't know what the real problem is.

I have just rebuilt R, and the same package works fine.  So I'd suggest
that you download the latest R-patched from CRAN, and hopefully things
will be fine.

Duncan Murdoch