[R] R.dll Reference Guide?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 09:01:05 CET 2012

On 14/11/2012 23:10, BayesForever wrote:
> Is there a reference guide to the complete set of functions and their
> arguments that are available in the R.dll library for Windows, i.e. the set
> of functions that includes "Rf_initEmbeddedR" and "Rf_endEmbeddedR" listed
> in section 8.2.2 of the Writing R Extensions manual?

What does 'available' mean? From that manual:

We can classify the entry points as

API
     Entry points which are documented in this manual and declared in an
installed header file. These can be used in distributed packages and
will only be changed after deprecation.

public
     Entry points declared in an installed header file that are exported
on all R platforms but are not documented and subject to change without
notice.

private
     Entry points that are used when building R and exported on all R
platforms but are not declared in the installed header files. Do not use
these in distributed code.

hidden
     Entry points that are where possible (Windows and some modern
Unix-alike compilers/loaders when using R as a shared library) not exported.

So everything which we intend to be documented is documented in that
manual, and it is the 'reference guide'.