[R] lubridate concatenation issue

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 13:39:16 CET 2012

HI,
Sys.setenv(TZ="GMT")
 c(d)
#[1] "2011-12-31 GMT"

#or
Sys.setenv(TZ="UTC")
 c(d)
#[1] "2011-12-31 UTC"

Hope it helps.
A.K.

----- Original Message -----
From: Andre Zege <azege at yahoo.com>
To: "r-help at r-project.org" <r-help at r-project.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:36 PM
Subject: [R] lubridate concatenation issue

I took a look at Hadley's lubridate which seems a very neat package, but i am having a small problem with  concatenating lubridates to build vectors of it. Namely when function c( )  is applied to lubridate seems to change time to a local timezone in this particular case changing the date to previous one.

> d<-ymd('20111231')
[1] "2011-12-31 UTC"
> c(d)
[1] "2011-12-30 19:00:00 EST"

Is this the expected behavior and if yes, how could it be avoided for this function and the others that possibly do the same? I mean, i could create the date in my local timezone and avoid this, but if i don't do it, is there an option in environment or functions to avoid this from happening -- otherwise i need to watch out for nasty bugs.

Thanks
Andre
    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]