[R] RExcel, ROOo and LibreOffice inquiry

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 15:02:16 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM, John Kane <jrkrideau at inbox.com> wrote:
> Can you supply a link for ROOo ? I don't see it anywhere.

Oh, sorry. I thought it was obvious:
http://rcom.univie.ac.at/download.html#ROOo

> Also what do you mean" OpenOffice is deprecated"?
>
> Do you mean in terms of using it with ROOo?   Otherwide OOo, now under new management at Apache is under active development under the name Apache Open Office.

Sun/Oracle discontinued developing OOo and donated it to Apache, which
to my surprise made a recent release. However many Linux distros
switched to LibreOffice, originally forked from OOo in 2010. To my
understanding LibO is the project that should be followed by
end-users.

Since ROOo is beta and rather outdated, I was wondering if there were
an effort to bring an RExcel-like functionality to recent LibO or
Gnumeric releases.

Regards
Liviu