[R] I'd like to know more efficient method to verify the pre-packaged codes

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 17:15:06 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM, 박상규 <birdfire94 at naver.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to add some new functionalities in the package 'quantmod '.
> So I download source code and am managed to build it.
>
> I found that modifying code and check if it works by repeating the following steps:
>
> 1) r CMD check quantmod
> 2) r CMD build quantmod
> 3) r CMD INSTALL quantmod_0.3-17.tar.gz
> 4) launch R gui
> 5) library('quantmod')
> 6) run my script

Are you wanting to modify the quantmod package or simply install it?
If the latter, the install.packages() command from within R should
take care of everything for you.

If looking to modify/extend the quantmod functionality, take a look at
the devtools package developed by Hadley Wickham. It tries (from what
I hear, successfully) to make the write-install-check cycle of package
development much faster.

Cheers,

Michael