[R] Performing operations only on selected data

Mon Nov 26 07:23:16 CET 2012

a) Please read the posting guide. This mailing list is not Nabble, and you are requested to post in plain text and include context from previous messages in the thread.

b) arun's solution is wrong in two respects: it fails to add condition1 to the random numbers, and it feeds differently-sized vectors as values to the ifelse function.

The length of each argument to ifelse should be as long as the desired result.

BTW: "df" is a function in the base package, always present. It is not a good idea to use that name for your own purposes, as eventually you may want to use that base function or at least not confuse others.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing