[R] Help in splitting the records

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:00:34 CET 2012

You state that you want "$$$" as the separator, but your example has
"$$" and "$" so  I'm assuming an indeterminate number of consecutive
$.

x <- c("qwer$$12$$qwre", "ewrtr$7789$ewwe")
x <- strsplit(x, "\\$+")
x <- do.call(rbind, x)
x <- data.frame(x, stringsAsFactors = FALSE)
x$X2 <- as.numeric(x$X2)

I've also made some assumptions about what you want the output to be
like, since you didn't specify, and broken it into as many steps as
possible so that you can look at what functions I used and read the
help files.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee