[R] Some questions about chron package..

Tue Nov 27 23:07:48 CET 2012

1. I am not aware of a difference, and don't know why the various forms were used.

2. That handles identifying the correct function to call based on the types of arguments supplied when the function was called. Read about the S4 object-oriented programming features to learn about method dispatch.

3. It has no syntactic effect. Using periods in parameter names may make it less likely to be the same as names defined by the user, but only if the user cooperates by avoiding that naming convention.

4. There is some quite good documentation supplied with R. You can also look on CRAN (http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-publications.html).

Please read the posting guide, and post in plain text.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing