[R] Conditional model in R

Jagat.K.Sheth at wellsfargo.com Jagat.K.Sheth at wellsfargo.com
Wed Nov 28 21:59:48 CET 2012

Sounds like a finite mixture model. I haven't read your references but an overall model for such an approach could be

f(Y=0; pi, kappa) = 1- pi + pi*f(Y=0|Z=1; kappa)

where pi=Pr(Z=1) is the probability of an event, z, and y is the value observed when the event occurs and f is the probability density of Y with parameters kappa.

You could try 'fmr' in Jim Lindsey's gnlm package (available at http://www.commanster.eu/rcode.html ) which fits generalized nonlinear regression models with two or three point mixtures using maximum likelihood.