[R] libary survival

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 22:06:55 CET 2012

On Nov 29, 2012, at 5:18 AM, Thiago Luiz Nogueira da Silva wrote:

> Hello,I would like to know if there is residue analysis after the Cox model and make the adjustment for my random cluster?

Is this in 'coxme' or in 'survival'. If in 'survival' then there are "residuals" functions and when I run the generic 'residuals' function on a coxph fit using the second to last example on the`coxph` help page (whose formula includes a cluster term) I get no errors.

But you said a 'random cluster', so is this supposed to be a coxme model? A year and a half ago Terry Therneau was observed on this list to write[1]:

"Residuals methods for coxme would be an important addition and is on my to-do list. (But as my wife would point out, so is a bathroom remodel and she isn't holding her breath.)"

(Can one nominate an 18-month old posting for a fortune? This could be the first entry in the 'bathroom humor' genre for fortunes.)

I just checked to see if there were a new `residuals.coxme` function in version 2.2-3 but don't see one.

--
David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA

[1] http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.r-project.r-help+coxme+residuals#query:list%3Aorg.r-project.r-help%20coxme%20residuals+page:1+mid:eodxspnzjqgopw5m+state:results