[R] RGL plot : cex and zlim arguments do not work

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:44:17 CET 2012

On 12-11-29 2:49 PM, Stephane Chantepie wrote:
> yes sorry,
>
> When we use this function
>
> text3d(1:3, 1:3, 1:3, LETTERS[1:3], cex=1:3)
>
> we expect the letters to have different size (increase from 1 to 3). But
> when I try this code , all the  letter have the same size.
>

> This problem (to not be able to resize character) occurs with diiferent
> the text function like mtext3d and axe3d. It looks like "cex" argument
> do not have any effect on function which can use it.
>
> I hope that it is more clear

That looks like a problem with your X11 server.  It works for me on X11
on MacOS, and on the Cocoa display in MacOS, and in Windows.

I don't know much about what sorts of things go wrong with X11 servers,
but a guess would be you don't have the right font installed so it
doesn't know how to resize it.  I can't really help beyond that, e.g. to
tell you how to figure out what was requested and what was delivered.

Duncan Murdoch