[R] Calling R from C (Windows)

BayesForever andrew.morse2 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 16 01:08:57 CEST 2012

I am trying to follow the instructions in section 8.2.2 of "Writing R
extensions", to learn how to call R from C.  In this manual and at other
sites I see continual references to examples in "the tests/Embedding
directory of the sources".

There is no directory named "Embedding" anywhere in my 2.13.1 install of R.
Am I missing components that I need to call R from C, or am I
misunderstanding the meaning of the tests/Embedding directory of the
sources?