[R] function logit() vs logistic regression

swertie v_coudrain at voila.fr
Wed Oct 17 20:58:57 CEST 2012

Hello!
When I am analyzing proportion data, I usually apply logistic regression
using a glm model with binomial family. For example:
m <- glm( cbind("not realized", "realized") ~ v1 + v2 , family="binomial")

However, sometimes I don't have the number of cases (realized, not
realized), but only the proportion and thus cannot compute the binomial
model. I just found out that the package car contains a function "logit"
which allows for logit transformation. Would it be possible to transform the
proportion data with this function and analyze the transformed data with a
glm with family="gaussian"?

Thank you very much