[R] multivariate way to aaply on different arrays

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 18 17:13:38 CEST 2012

Dear R community,

is there any efficient way to use aaply on different datacubes? I have 3
dimesniolan datacubes/arrays with dimensions lon x lat x time. Now I
would like to do caclulations on each individual time series (e.g. all
vectors along the third dimension) using a time series (or more) in the
same location on another (identically shaped) array.

What would be the most efficient way to do this? Is there any
multivariate version of aaply? Or other functions? Or some memory
efficient and fast way (the datacubes are huge!) to do this by hand?

Thanks a lot

Jannis