[R] RColorBrewer

StatsandtheirPres abrutvan at bennington.edu
Fri Oct 19 20:50:26 CEST 2012

Hi there everyone! So I'm a student in college, taking a very basic
Statistics course. We're using R for most of our assignments. I've hit a
pretty big wall here. I'm attempting to create a heat map of the entire
united states which corresponds to a set of percentages I have for each
state. My teacher suggested that I simply create a color palette with
RColorBrewer that is in the exact order of the states by alphabet so that I
can simply plug that pallette into the maps package and have it fill
alphabetically with the gradient I created through my list. My problem is
that I can't seem to create my own color palette using the color codes. How
do i create a color palette using a list of color codes? For example #41BH39
so on and so forth. Is this clear? Please ask me to clarify if it isn't.

Thanks!