[R] peer-reviewed (or not) publications on R

Paul Artes paul_h_artes at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 15:22:03 CET 2012

Dear Friends,

I'm contributing to a paper on a new R package for a clinical (medicine,
ophthalmology) audience, and part of the mission is to encourage people who
might be occasional users of Excel or SPSS, to become more familiar with R.
I'd really appreciate any pointers to more recent papers that describe R,
it's growth (statistics on user base, number of packages, volume of help
list traffic) and application in many diverse fields. Published
peer-reviewed papers of course would be best, but I'd appreciate any
pointers to other resources and compilations that might float around
somewhere. Is there anything bibliometric (number of citations)?  I will
happily send something back to the list...

Best wishes

Paul