[R] nlme: spatial autocorrelation on a sphere

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Mon Oct 1 11:00:11 CEST 2012

       1.  Have you consulted Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects
Modeling in S and S-Plus (Springer)?  It does not has much information
on the cor* constructor functions, but it does have some.  "corExp" is
discussed on p. 238, and information on other cor* functions should be
in pages near 238.

       2.  Have you tried subscribing and posting to
"r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org"?  That email list is devoted
primarily to "lmer", the replacement for nlme.  However, with luck, you
will get an answer there, including, (a) whether what you want is
available for "lmer", and (b) how to use it either with lmer or nlme.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

On 10/1/2012 12:59 AM, Dan Bebber wrote:
> Thanks, but the problem is quite specific and not addressed on the Spatial Data taskview page.
> Quite specifically, I would like to know how to edit corSpatial functions to calculate great circle distances.
> The Bayesian equivalent, georamps in the ramps package, is able to do this, therefore I imagine it must be possible for nlme.
>
> Dan

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.