[R] Proposal: Package update log

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Tue Oct 2 22:16:54 CEST 2012

One "other similar location" is Github, where you can "watch" a
package, and this is how I keep track of changes in the packages that
I'm interested in.

Just for the interest of other R package developers, the NEWS file can
be written in Markdown and I have a Makefile
(https://github.com/yihui/knitr/blob/master/Makefile) to convert
Markdown to R's standard NEWS format, e.g.

https://github.com/yihui/knitr/blob/master/NEWS.md
-> (via "make news")
https://github.com/yihui/knitr/blob/master/NEWS

If you do not belong to the "plain-text-is-everything" party, you may
consider this format.

Regards,
Yihui
--