[R] Dúvida função Anova pacote car - Medidas repetidas

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Oct 5 23:48:52 CEST 2012

Dear Diego,

This is close enough to Spanish for me to understand it (I think).

Using Anova() in the car package for repeated-measures designs requires a
multivariate linear model for all of the responses, which in turn requires
that the data set be in "wide" format, with each response as a variable. In
your case, there are two crossed within-subjects factors and no
between-subjects factors. If this understanding is correct (but see below),
then you could proceed as follows, where the crucial step is reshaping the
data from "long" to "wide":

------------- snip --------------

Pa2$type.day <- with(Pa2, paste(Type, Day, sep="."))
(Wide <- reshape(Pa2, direction="wide", v.names="logbiovolume",
idvar="Replicate", timevar="type.day", drop=c("Type", "Day")))

day <- ordered(rep(c(0, 2, 4), each=2))
type <- factor(rep(c("c", "t"), 3))
(idata <- data.frame(day, type))

mod <- lm(cbind(logbiovolume.c.0, logbiovolume.t.0, logbiovolume.c.2,
logbiovolume.t.2, logbiovolume.c.4, logbiovolume.t.4) ~ 1, data=Wide)

Anova(mod, idata=idata, idesign=~day*type)

------------- snip --------------

This serves to analyze the data that you showed; you'll have to adapt it for
the full data set.

I'm assuming that the "replicates" are independent units, and that the
design is therefore entirely within replicate. If that's wrong, then the
analysis I've suggested is also incorrect.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Senator McMaster Professor of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada